Sinusitis is usually very rebellious if you just treat it with antibiotics and, therefore, we suggest see its causes and treats it with natural remedies.
What is sinusitis?
Sinusitis is the inflammation of the mucosa of the sinuses (in the lower part of the forehead and under the cheekbones).
Symptoms of sinusitis include a headache or a headache, fever, nasal voice, nasal discharge, thick and low, decreased the sense of smell, etc.
Etiology or causes of sinusitis
The cause or causes of sinusitis can be caused by several factors such as respiratory tract infections, allergies, weak immune system, atmospheric sudden changes, etc. Typically, whether as a result of the sum of several factors.
Diet or nutrition for sinusitis
The food is very important in most diseases and of course, it is in the case of sinusitis.
- We should eliminate those allergenic foods or are suspected of being in our particular case: dairy, wheat or gluten foods. The ideal is to eliminate dairy for a week and see what happens. If we do not feel any improvement, we can try removing foods rich in gluten. Overall are dairy where people feel they are worse. Of course, every case is different.
- Instead, we have to enhance foods rich in vitamin C and / or bioflavonoid (fruits, raw vegetables, and sprouts) to strengthen our immune system.
- It should also, in cases of sinusitis, increase consumption of foods rich in beta-carotene (carrots, pumpkin, etc.) and collaborating with the proper maintenance and mucosal immune system.
- Promote the consumption of spicy foods (turnips, radishes, chili, ginger, onion, garlic, wasabi or Japanese radish, cayenne pepper, black pepper, etc.) as they tend to decongest the nose while breasts have antimicrobial properties.
Medicinal plants and herbal medicine
The ideal combination for sinusitis should include both anti-inflammatory and antiseptic or antimicrobial plants: camomile, mallow, eucalyptus, echinacea and a few drops of propolis. This mixture can be taken two or three times a day.
An infusion of ginger, honey and a squeeze of lemon (two or three times a day) also tend to deflate rapidly.
Home remedies for sinusitis
Or nasal sprays based seawater or medicinal plants (eucalyptus, echinacea, propolis, etc.) nebulizers usually go well for sinusitis and can be used for long as they do not contain cortisone or antibiotics but sometimes are not no longer sufficient arriving from all the sinuses.
A near – final, natural remedy is the use of Lota or nasal shower with seawater. This is called true washing Jalaneti and is being used in Ayurvedic medicine for thousands of years. The Lota, a kind of small jug or bowl (filled with water with sea salt) with a tube or hole whose punta introduced into one nostril is used. The water raises one by one nostril and out the other. Then we repeat the operation on the other hole to make them sound good clean nostrils. The improvement is sometimes dramatic.We can do it once or twice a day. This vessel is sold in yoga centers or herbalists and contains detailed instructions well use.
Chamomile vapors are also very effective for sinusitis. Pour a couple of liters of boiling water over 5 soup spoons of chamomile. Let stand, covered well, a couple of minutes to the vapors (in the herbalist I will explain in detail how) can be made twice a day.
Oligotherapy is usually a great help with trace elements Copper (anti-inflammatory and antimicrobial effect) plus the combination with Manganese, Manganese-Copper or Copper-Gold-Silver as the case of sinusitis, acute, chronic or the type of patient
Acupuncture often has a surprising effect (for speed) in most cases. Treatment will always seek to go to the real cause of the problem.
Other tips in case of sinusitis
Although it seems obvious, we should quit if we want to permanent relief from sinusitis because the dryness that produces the smoke hinder the removal of mucus from the sinuses.
People with sinusitis and cold feet will always benefit if they get your feet are hot of natural form. Tips to get it:
- Massage feet with a little sesame oil or sesame seeds before going to sleep. The improvement in sinusitis is evident almost from day one.
- Make a foot bath before going to sleep (insert your feet in a basin for ten minutes with increasingly hot and finish with a second cold water, putting on socks or stockings and sleep, after a few minutes we will be heat and we can get us stockings or socks)
Natural remedies are very good but the ideal is to start applying them to minor symptom.